Do You Need Results: FAST?
Well here we are, racing into the final quarter of 2009. If you are like many of our clients you are likely focusing your time and efforts on trying to achieve those year-end goals.Some of you have revenue and profit goals. Some of you have hiring needs to fill. You may be looking for ways to streamline your business or find new customers. Others of you may be evaluating professional next steps. It does seem that everyone with whom we speak has some urgent need or situation to address before the end of this year.
As busy as you are, it is important to take the time to set yourself up for success. There are several foundation elements necessary to Achieve Results in 90 Days. When it gets down "to the wire", one of the first critical success factors is having the right mindset. Of course, the right mindset includes such things as a positive attitude and believing that you can be successful. Everyone knows this. However, to really set yourself up to achieve urgent and, perhaps, lofty goals even more is needed.
Before you can even get started, you have to know where you are going and what you need to achieve:
Once you have defined this, then consider what you need to accomplish by the end of this year. Now you are on your way with a more complete picture. This is when that "positive", winning mindset comes into play. You need to not only have an "Inner Winner" vision of success, but also you need to really look at everything you are doing with an EXTREME sense of urgency. You need to act as if your life or the one of a loved one really depends on you achieving the results you desire. You need to have a "Wow Now" urgent effort. When we put forth a "Wow Now", EXTREME sense of urgency to what we are doing, it provides additional momentum that can make the difference between success and failure.
- What are your longer term goals - 3 to 5 years?
- Where would you like to be/dp?
- What is your dream for the future?
Once you have the vision of yourself being successful and you are pursuing forward in a "Wow Now" state of urgency, the next thing you must do is STAY FOCUSED! In today's "multi-tasking" environment, we can often get involved in activities that do not add value to achieving our short term goals. It is critical that you focus 80% of your attention on only those activities that are contributing to the goals. The other 20% should be focused on activities that contribute to your longer term vision. Anything else that you are doing needs to be stopped- immediately! You must stop doing the time wasters!
Having the right mindset and ensuring the folks who work with you also have the right mindset, establish the first level as you build your foundation for success. You are ready.Good luck and may you achieve the results you desire by year end.